If you’ve had a big night on the town, there are a multitude of chemical and physical processes occurring inside your body that make you feel nauseated and dehydrated.
First, it is important to know that only 10 percent of alcohol leaves your system via breath, sweat and urine. The remaining 90 percent is metabolized by your body and consequently, toxic compounds are released which need to be flushed out of our system allowing for ultimate recovery.
Dehydration is one of the most significant symptoms caused from celebration. Alcohol is a diuretic, which means that your body uses more water to process the alcohol than you get from the drinks, leaving you feeling dehydrated in the morning. And, the alcohol itself causes chemical changes in your body that increase how much water your body expels through urination. The resulting dehydration contributes to weakness, headaches and other symptoms.
As your liver processes alcohol, it’s producing a chemical byproduct called acetaldehyde, a toxin that is 30 times more damaging to your body than the alcohol itself. The presence of acetaldehyde in your body contributes to some of the symptoms brought on from celebration.
Alcohol also irritates the lining of your stomach. It increases stomach acid production that can lead to abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting.
So, as good as that wine tasted with dinner, if you're going to enjoy more than one or two drinks, enjoy a chilled bottle of RESQWATER Sugar Free during and after your next celebration to help detox, recover and perform.